We’ve probably all been told to appreciate the positives in life before. After all, learning to appreciate what you have is an important step to happiness.
A thought that’s been interesting me lately is the exact opposite: how can I remove as many small negatives as I can from my days?
Appreciating the good things in life is going to be easier without a constant barrage of stressors. In fact, removing those stressors may give one extra time to add in things like a nice cup of tea or a bike ride.
So today we’re talking about how important it might be to remove those small negatives, and how one might go about putting that thought into action.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with 2 free months of unlimited learning (including Thomas’ productivity and habit-building classes!) at Skillshare.com/geek.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- skippy62able on YouTube
- Veritasium – Is Success Luck or Hard Work?
- vlogbrothers – One Scientifically Proven Thing Actually Makes People Happier
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Range, by David Epstein
- Hardcore History
- The Smart Passive Income Blog
- 10 Steps to Earning Awesome Grades
- How Buffer Forces Me To Wake Up At 5:55 AM Every Day
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:30:39 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:32:34 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:34:57 – Considering long-term negatives when making a decision
- 0:57:14 – Avoiding negative activities
- 1:05:55 – Including hobbies in your resume
- 1:13:00 – Starting a blog vs writing a book
- 1:21:11 – Waking up early consistently
- 1:31:38 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!