We’re bringing back a classic format from the College Info Geek days where we answer five of your questions, rapid-fire. Well, as rapid-fire as we can get. We’ve been known to ramble a bit.
If you’d like to have your question answered on the podcast, we take questions from email, the YouTube comments for the video version of our episodes, Twitter (Thomas | Martin), or Instagram (Thomas | Martin).
Anyway, here are the questions for this week:
- How do I know what to do first?
- How can I focus better while working from home?
- How can I use a task management system without being buried by old tasks?
- How can I start building credit?
- How do I choose a long-term goal?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Productivity for Creatives course!) at Skillshare.com/inforium.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/Inforium — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thinking in Bets, by Annie Duke
- How to Focus on Your Work – 3 Lessons from “Hyperfocus”
- Working from Home: How to Set Up Your Workspace
- Working from Home: How to Plan Your Day
- Working From Home: How to Stay Focused
- Jordy Vandeput’s Premiere Pro editing course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity for Creatives course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Range, by David Epstein
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:08:37 – Analysis paralysis
- 0:17:00 – Working from home
- 0:23:45 – Managing your tasks
- 0:33:13 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:35:15 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:36:36 – Starting to build your credit
- 0:51:52 – Prioritizing goals and interests
- 1:02:28 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!