We’ve decided to ask ourselves a very open-ended question: what does it mean to have enough? How much money do we need, how many opportunities? When can we make like Thanos and go rest and farm things for the rest of our days?
I’m sure our answers will both grow and change as time passes, but a starting point is nice to have. What do you need for a happy life? When will you have it?
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. The first 1,000 people to use this link can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ productivity and habit-building classes!) at Skillshare.com/inforium.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas Frank Explains on YouTube
- Martin’s website
- Thomas’ website
- Wendover Productions on YouTube
- Half as Interesting on YouTube
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Chrystopher Rhodes’ Video on a Budget course on Skillshare
- YCImaging on YouTube
- Duolingo (iOS | Android)
- How to figure out what to do with your life
- Nerd Fitness
- Anthropocene Reviewed
- 99% Invisible
- Business Wars
- Listen Money Matters
- Money Lab
- Ghost in the Wires, by Kevin Mitnick
- The Martian, by Andy Weir
- Black Edge, by Sheelah Kolhatkar
- American Kingpin, by Nick Bilton
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:04:47 – What we’ve been up to
- 0:15:50 – Figuring what is enough for you and buying a house
- 0:28:12 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:30:33 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:32:47 – Buying a house and being in debt (continued)
- 0:47:40 – Not trying to be the best at everything you do
- 1:03:30 – Which company would we work for
- 1:07:42 – What podcasts have we been listening to
- 1:12:32 – Conclusion