I consider myself somewhat of a book person.
I grew up an avid reader, I prefer books to movies by far, and I have a thousand books I’d like to experience.
But there’s one problem: it’s become a bit difficult to find the time to read at all, let alone as much as I’d like, as an adult.
So today, we’re talking about how we’ve been attempting to revive our reading (or listening!) habits, even while we have to maintain the rest of our busy schedules.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- CuriosityStream (+ Nebula!):CuriosityStream is the best place on the internet for high-quality documentaries, and it now comes with access to this podcast and a ton of other great content, ad-free, on Nebula.
If you use the link curiositystream.com/inforiumpod you’ll also get 26% off your first annual subscription.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/inforium.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- How to Wake Up Early Without Feeling Tired
- Walkable City, by Jeff Speck
- Walkable City Rules, by Jeff Speck
- Alastair Humphreys
- The Anthropocene Reviewed, by John Green
- The Adventure Zone
- MKBHD on YouTube
- LegalEagle YouTube
- Wendover Productions on YouTube
- The Three-Body Problem, by Liu Cixin
- The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
- Thinking in Bets, by Annie Duke
- The Sirens of Titan, by Kurt Vonnegut
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:01:29 – What we’ve been up to
- 0:13:09 – Listening to audiobooks
- 0:21:10 – Martin’s method
- 0:25:31 – Sponsor: CuriosityStream (Watching documentaries)
- 0:28:03 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:29:37 – Making time to read
- 0:36:29 – Finding the motivation
- 0:43:02 – Figuring out if a book is worth finishing
- 1:00:09 – Staying friends when you’re in different time zones
- 1:06:28 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!