After successfully going through so many YouTube-related questions a few episodes ago, we thought we’d try out the same thing for podcasts. Soon you’ll be able to go out and create your own media empire.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. The first 1,000 people to use this link can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ productivity and habit-building classes!) at Skillshare.com/inforium.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/Inforium — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- YouTube Q&A (Ep. 4)
- Listen Money Matters
- Tony Santos on YouTube
- Hit Makers, by Derek Thompson
- Young Guru’s Mixing Music course on Skillshare
- Nathaniel Drew’s Creativity Unleashed course on Skillshare
- Hustling, Connecting, and Winning with Gary Vaynerchuk (Ep. 8)
- What It Takes to Open a Coffee Shop (Ep. 114)
- Deep Work: How to Focus and Resist Distractions (Ep. 100)
- Business Wars
- Anthropocene Reviewed
- EverydayDriver on YouTube
- Atomic Habits: 4 Rules for Sticking to Any Habit
- Magic: The Gathering podcast
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:08:32 – Is it too late to start a podcast
- 0:23:18 – Going at it solo or having a co-host
- 0:26:11 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:28:17 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:29:51 – How to be a good interviewer
- 0:37:51 – Recording in different locations
- 0:46:25 – Writing a script or free-styling it
- 0:50:15 – Do I need clout before reaching out to other creators
- 1:02:29 – Choosing a theme for your podcast
- 1:06:04 – Recording test episodes before launching
- 1:08:31 – Postponing episodes
- 1:10:57 – Editing the podcast
- 1:15:23 – Being more articulate and not liking your voice
- 1:17:35 – Hosting your podcast
- 1:21:03 – Editing programs
- 1:26:23 – Turning the podcast into your job
- 1:31:59 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!