The time has come.
We’ve both entered our third decade this year, which means two things.
First, it means that we’re spending this episode reflecting on what we’ve learned from our last decade on Earth.
Second, it means that we’ve decided to end this very podcast. Not quite yet— we have two more episodes coming after this one, so we’ll end after episode 25. It’s a big decision to make after podcasting for many years now, but it’s hard to find a new path if we don’t stray from the current one.
If you want to keep up with us after that, we’ll still be around on Instagram (Thomas | Martin), Twitter (Thomas | Martin), and via whatever things we might link to in our personal sites (Thomas | Martin).
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- CuriosityStream (+ Nebula!):CuriosityStream is the best place on the internet for high-quality documentaries, and it now comes with access to this podcast and a ton of other great content, ad-free, on Nebula.
If you use the link curiositystream.com/inforiumpod you’ll also get 26% off your first annual subscription.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/inforium.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- 4 Mistakes I Made in My 20s
- Thomas Frank Explains on YouTube
- Buying a Home: The Basics (Ep. 2)
- Walkable City, by Jeff Speck
- Strong Towns, by Charles Marohn
- The Dip, by Seth Godin
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Announcement: end of the podcast
- 0:07:05 – Where I bought my house
- 0:19:00 – Turning hobbies into a chore
- 0:21:00 – Jumping from interest to interest
- 0:31:10 – Sponsor: CuriosityStream (Watching documentaries)
- 0:33:31 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:35:10 – Ignoring compounding effects
- 0:43:49 – Investing strategy
- 0:57:22 – Feeling powerless on the Internet
- 1:02:12 – Not taking more breaks
- 1:09:56 – Not taking enough action
- 1:17:57 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!