Many of us may have been told growing up that video games would rot our brains — we’re here to disagree.
Most games are at least good practice for having quick reflexes, but we’ve also played quite a few games that go far beyond that and push our brains to their limits. We talk about a few of them, and the kinds of things they might be helping us improve at.
Here are some of the games:
- Baba Is You
- The Talos Principle
- Slay the Spire
- Magic: The Gathering (technically a card game, but Arena is digital)
- Don’t Starve
- Opus Magnum
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Productivity for Creatives course!) at Skillshare.com/inforium.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity & Creativity course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- Charles Cornell on YouTube
- Jordan Harrod on YouTube
- Ali Abdaal on YouTube
- Turtles All the Way Down, by John Green
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:01:31 – What we’ve been up to
- 0:14:17 – Simulations
- 0:27:00 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:29:16 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:31:28 – Cognitive improvement
- 0:41:14 – Game suggestions
- 1:14:16 – Conclusion