It’s been a long decade this year, so we’re taking a chance to collect our thoughts before moving onto 2021.
More specifically, we talk about a few things that went well, a few things that didn’t, and what we’d like to do next year, if given the chance.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. The first 1,000 people to use this link can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ productivity and habit-building classes!) at Skillshare.com/inforium.
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/Inforium — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ website
- Martin’s website
- Deliberate Practice (Ep. 9)
- Effective Altruism
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- The 5 Hour Rule
- Working Titles – Gravity Falls
- The Boy Who Lost Fairyland, by Catherynne M. Valente
- Seveneves, by Neal Stephenson
- The Martian, by Andy Weir
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street, by Burton Malkiel
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:07:29 – What have we been up to
- 0:08:56 – Traveling and buying a house
- 0:15:04 – Donating to charities
- 0:23:17 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:25:16 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 0:26:59 – The content we made
- 0:31:55 – Making music
- 0:36:54 – Exercising
- 0:39:57 – Getting a new therapist
- 0:43:16 – Our personal websites and Standard
- 0:44:39 – What we weren’t able to do
- 0:52:06 – What we read
- 1:04:35 – What we want to do next year
- 1:08:21 – Conclusion
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes! It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure 🙂 You can also leave a review!