How do you learn new things? Do you vet the information you find, and if so, how? How do you know when to take something at face value? How do you solve problems with conflicting information?
Learning to think and intake information more critically is an undeniably useful skill, so we’re talking about how to intake information a bit more carefully.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Productivity for Creatives course!) at Skillshare.com/inforium.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Productivity for Creatives course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough, by Martin M. Antony
- Perfectionism is destroying your productivity
- The 5 Hour Rule
- Thomas’ new song
- Matt D’Avella on YouTube
- What Does It Mean to Be Rich?
- Deliberate Practice (Ep. 9)
- How to Get Better at Math
- Bear (Mac | iOS)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:11:14 – Dealing with perfectionism
- 0:21:53 – The three types of perfectionism
- 0:24:58 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:27:47 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:33:35 – Focusing too much on analytics
- 0:44:24 – Figuring out what is important
- 1:03:24 – Focusing on academics or making friends
- 1:11:29 – Using Windows vs Mac
- 1:17:13 – Conclusion