Popular wisdom has perfectionism as the go-to answer to, “what is your greatest weakness?”
Well, as it turns out, it actually might be. We talk about what to do about it and why perfectionism isn’t quite as simple as it seems.
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new course!) at Skillshare.com/inforium.
- Hover: Your personal brand is important, and it starts with your domain name. Get 10% off your first domain name purchase by going to Hover.com/cig.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Thomas’ Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Thomas’ Productivity course on Skillshare
- When Perfect Isn’t Good Enough, by Martin M. Antony
- Perfectionism is destroying your productivity
- The 5 Hour Rule
- Thomas’ new song
- Matt D’Avella on YouTube
- What Does It Mean to Be Rich?
- Deliberate Practice (Ep. 9)
- How to Get Better at Math
- Bear (Mac | iOS)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:11:14 – Dealing with perfectionism
- 0:21:53 – The three types of perfectionism
- 0:28:52 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 0:31:13 – Sponsor: Hover (Buying a domain name)
- 0:33:35 – Focusing too much on analytics
- 0:44:24 – Figuring out what is important
- 1:03:24 – Focusing on academics or making friends
- 1:11:29 – Using Windows vs Mac
- 1:17:13 – Conclusion