Hey there, devoted listener. You’ve made it to the end.
After recording our ramblings for many years now, Thomas and I have decided to take a break from podcasting.
Thank you so much for following us for however long you’ve been around.
It means a ton, and I hope you’ll consider sticking around to see the other things we’ve got in store: YouTube videos, Notion things, music, art in various other forms, and who knows what else. Maybe we’ll even podcast again someday; I’m no soothsayer, so I can’t be sure.
If you’d like to keep up with us after this, we’ll still be around here:
- YouTube (Thomas)
- Instagram (Thomas | Martin)
- Twitter (Thomas | Martin)
- Personal Sites (Thomas | Martin)
I sincerely hope you’ve taken at least a few interesting things from these last few hundred episodes.
But above all else, even if you don’t care to see what we’re up to after this, I hope you come away with just this one piece of timeless advice:
Things mentioned in this episode:
This week’s episode is sponsored by:
- Brilliant: Accelerate your learning in math, science, and computer science. Start learning for free at Brilliant.org/Inforium — and if you’re one of the first 200 people to use this link, you’ll also get 20% off your subscription.
- Skillshare: With thousands of courses in a wide range of different skills, Skillshare can help you take things to the next level. You can also get started with a free trial with unlimited learning (including Thomas’ new Productivity for Creatives course!) at Skillshare.com/Inforium.
Other things we mentioned in this episode:
- Tom’s Notion course
- Tom’s Habit-Building course on Skillshare
- Tom’s Productivity course on Skillshare
- Tommy Emmanuel TEDx Talk
- The Smart Passive Income Blog
- MrBeast on YouTube
- 5 Questions: Making Studying Fun, Unlearning Bad Habits, & Honors Programs (Ep. 98)
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You, by Cal Newport
- No Overthinking Podcast
- The Knowledge Project Podcast
- The Tim Ferriss Show
- Dear Hank and John
- The Anthropocene Reviewed
- Hardcore History
- Business Wars
- Nathaniel Drew’s Yes Theory video
- The Personal Finance Tech Tree
- Shane Hummus college degree tier list video
- Daily Budget (iOS)
- You Need A Budget (iOS | Android)
- A Random Walk Down Wall Street, by Burton Malkiel
- The Dip: How to Know When to Quit (Ep. 24)
- Todoist (iOS | Android)
- Obsidian (iOS | Android)
- Notion (iOS)
- Beeminder (iOS | Android)
- MyFitnessPal (iOS | Android)
- Regrets From Our 20’s (Ep. 23)
Want more cool stuff? You can find all sorts of great tools at my Resources page.
- 0:00:00 – Intro
- 0:05:06 – What Martin’s been up to
- 0:10:23 – What Tom’s been up to
- 0:12:49 – Working out from home
- 0:15:43 – Our goals for content creation
- 0:28:02 – How our team was built
- 0:54:18 – Our podcast recommendations
- 0:58:25 – Sponsor: Brilliant (Learning problem-solving skills)
- 1:00:43 – Sponsor: Skillshare (Learning new skills)
- 1:02:33 – Building a stable financial future
- 1:26:37 – Deciding to end the podcast
- 1:28:27 – Should you start a business?
- 1:39:44 – Favorite to-do list apps
- 1:42:45 – How we measure productivity
- 1:47:10 – Not becoming obsessed with productivity
- 1:55:54 – Why end the podcast instead of releasing less regularly
- 1:58:54 – Conclusion